Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Bonjou

Bonjou, 
         As I start my blog, I invite you to follow me on my journey before, during and after my trip to Haiti. I would like to first tell you a little about who I am and why I am going to Haiti. My name is Britteny Wolterstorff. I was born and raised in Minnesota with amazing and loving parents and family.  Growing up I have always loved helping others, working with children and doing what I can to help make this world a better place.  I have been blessed to be able to go and do what I love on three different mission trips that brought me around the world.  In return these experiences helped me grow in who I am and what I believe.  While on these trips I got to share the love of Christ with others through teaching vacation bible school, teaching English to Czech students, volunteering at soup kitchens, nursing homes, feeding the homeless, etc.
         I just recently graduated from University of North Dakota College with a degree in Early Childhood Education and minor in Special Education. Before I begin my career in teaching I will be going to Gressier, Haiti. In Haiti I will be sharing Christ's love while teaching preschool along with teaching English to the community.  The reason I chose to serve in Haiti was because I knew it was an area that is in need of any extra help after the earthquake in 2010.  I also personally know Cassie who got married and currently lives in Haiti. She works for a mission organization called "Praying Pelicans".  When I shared with Cassie and her husband Al about what God had put on my heart they willingly set me up with opportunities to serve through teaching.  They have also opened up their house to me and I will be living with them and their baby Bityah.  I am truly blessed to have so many loving and caring friends and family that have helped me and allowed me to go to Haiti.  I am excited to do something I love for the Man Above that loves me. 

1 comment: