Monday, February 3, 2014

Anxious to Leave!

As the time for me to leave for Haiti has drawn near I have clung to this verse. 
Philippians 4:6-8  "6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." 

I know God has an amazing plan for me while I am there but the fears and nerves have been setting in.  Fear of the unknown, being on my own, and not being able to speak the common language of Creole.  Even though I have these fears and nerves I am comforted by the knowledge and trust that God has my back and is in control.   
I am beyond excited to see how I am changed and each person I encounter is also.  After being away from teaching for this last month and a half, I would have to say I am most excited about being able to get back into teaching and interacting with students.  I will be working with preschoolers and learn to connect and teach them on a different level due to the language barrier.  I get to help teach English to Haitians with the Shining Star English class and also learn the language of Creole. I can't wait to share with you my experiences and how God shows up in it all! 

As I leave tomorrow I ask for extra prayer for safe flights, health, and comfort that everything is going to turn out great! :) I thank you and God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Answered Prayer... Enjoy your first day shining God's love to those you meet. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete